Degrees and Certificates

Master of Science or Master of Engineering

Virginia Tech

Master of Science

The Master of Science (M.S.) degree, which requires a thesis, and the Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree, which requires a project and report, are the two Master's degree programs offered in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering. The M.S. and M.Eng. degree programs are designed to meet the individual needs of graduate students. Degree preference varies among the employers. Some prefer thesis students (particularly for the demonstration of research and writing skills) while others seek the broad-based knowledge which results from more course work.